Friday, May 8, 2015

MiniQuad exploring abandoned Soccerfield "Lindenstadion" in Eisenstadt


Once again I had my mini with me on a small trip to the nice city in Burgenland called "Eisenstadt" (Iron-City). They have a nice Esterhazy Castle and very beautiful park behind it - open to the public. While walking through this park I looked for a nice spot to fly - and finally we came to that ugly brickwall. I was curious what's behind and found a soccerfield there (didn't recognize it as such in the first place).
It had been abandoned after the soccer club went bancrupt a few years ago. See a few pics from older times at the end of the video...

The flying there was really exciting! Naturally the stairway with a passage under it was like a magnet - and I was not sure how the video and control link will hold up. See if it worked or if I had to do the walk of shame ;-)

No comments: