Wednesday, June 7, 2017

eFlite Rare Bear FPV

It started like this: as the only FPVer on the field I always end up chasing planes with my quads. I wanted to do some more LOS flying (line of sight, normal RC stuff...).
So I re-activated my eFlite "Rare Bear" racer plane (they really like this plane on the field!). After the first flight session I thought to myself: "what if I mount a runcam3 on it, and use TV out to my VTX? The installation was quick and easy, works nice. Just have to get the plane flying smoother in higher winds to enjoy it more... (maybe I have to install a stabilizer?)



Plane:
=====
eFlite RARE BEAR   http://bit.ly/2sDnfUg
Wingspan: 88cm
Prop Size: 8x8 Electric
ESC: 70-Amp
Battery: 3300mAh 4S 14.8V 50C LiPo ~ 5mins flighttime

FPV:
====
just a Runcam3 (yes, I know they're out of stock cause they have this problem with Gopro...)
TVOUT cable to ImmersrionRC VTX
Power source: 3 of the 4cells off my main battery (12v) from the balance plug. Super easy!

No comments: