Thursday, June 22, 2017

Runcam SPLIT: FLIGHT Footage, Jello, Mounts, weight savings!

Tech Specs: (similar to the Runcam3!)
Weight 23g.
1080p60 + Low latency FPV + WDR
$69.99  (+5$ for Wifi option)
no wide voltage, only 5V!




More findings:
Transfer speed over USB: ~ 15mb/sek
so a typical 5min flight will generate little over 1GB means ~ 1.5mins.
Not optimal - ok if you have to place the board inside inaccessible (USB needs to be accessible of course!)

Jello: with that small lens module jello (vibration "waves" in the video) will be picked up easier since the low mass is moved by vibrations easier as if you would have a bigger mass (like a heavy HD cam).
I tried different mounts, only after I swapped that one really bad prop it was ok. I didnt see this vibrations with that faulty prop on my gopro style SJCam 5000x before!

Downlink video is fine to fly - latency low enough for my taste!

My Vortex 250 is now 83gr lighter (from 532 to 449gr) - this is a lot on such a copter and effects it's flight characteristics and efficiency! It's really "floaty" now and should give me longer flighttimes. Combined with endurance motors/props and larger motorarms this could be a really good longrange setup!

No comments: